Friday, July 26, 2013

State of the Brewnion

We're over halfway through the year, so it's time to reflect upon my initial resolution, the rule to only drink homebrews at home. Well 206 days... and I'm still going strong!

In fact I've greatly overcompensated for the risk of a beerless household and have brewed far too much. Although, the love of experimentation contributed to the issue as well. Currently I have ~150 bottles that need consumption... but luckily I have friends to help with that.


Let's take a look at everything I've brewed over the past 6 months:

-Chimay Clone
-Anchor Steam Clone
-Berliner Weisse


That's a lot of beers! One of the great things about homebrewing is that it's pretty difficult to screw up beer (barring sanitization), and they all end up tasting great no matter what; even if they maybe different than expected. And with each one I've learned something new whether or not I was experimenting. A truly enjoyable hobby!

Looking towards the future I'm moving across the country in September and won't be able to brew until I've settled in at least. But don't be disappointed... as I'm taking off with a bang (to be mentioned next post)!

No comments:

Post a Comment